Monday, January 5, 2009

MergeBuffalo

In one of the only times the Buffalo Shows message board has been useful lately it gave me information on a new Vegan Vegetarian Organic Raw Food Restaurant in Buffalo called Merge.

I found out about it on Friday and on Saturday Mary and I ventured out to check it out. If you live in Buffalo or have ever been to Buffalo you know that there pretty much aren't any vegetarian friendly restaurants in the city. We used to have one called Preservation Hall but that has been closed for 10years? now.

The restaurant is located at 439 Delaware which is about three blocks from my apartment. We went in and its very nice in there. Not "valet parking jacket and tie nice" but very comfortable. There was artwork on the walls and decent (in my opinion) music was playing over the PA. I looked at the photos and while I wasn't blown away by the work I remembered the name of the photographer. His name was J Matthew Kianka. He has a rather extraordinary website.

Now to the food. Mary and I got an appetizer and two entrees which we shared. For our appetizer we had the polenta medallions because my first choice the Buffalo Style Eggplant wasn't available. For my entree I got the Tex Mex wrap with vegan mac and cheese. Mary got the Tease Panini with sweet potato fries. We shared the food and I thought all of it was pretty tasty although MAry believed that there should have been a little bit of honey with the sweet potato fries.

Overall I liked it and I will go there again. It was pretty cheap too. Our appetizers and entrees came to $21.75.

1 comment:

Mike C said...

I'm glad I saw this. I'll have to check it out.