Thursday, November 27, 2008

happy thanksgiving to me

So it's thanksgiving and guess what I'm doing? Nothing...that's right nothing. I remember going to my aunts house as a little boy and thinking to myself, "I wish that I didn't have to go to my aunts house. I wish I could just stay home alone and play video games". It's 2008 and that is where I am at home and playing video games by myself. It's not as fulfilling as I would have thought. I'm 34 years old and video games are not really that fun anymore and when you live in a world where you computer screen shows you "....is ready to eat like a pig today" or "...is happy to see his family today". You get these stories via myspace and facebook and blogs and you read them all. You take them in process them and you come out with some feelings. For once I can say that I'm feeling a bit lonely. I had originally made some plans with a friend to go to the movies but sickness made that fall through. As a matter of fact me and him have made that a bit of a tradition although I can't remember what I did two years ago. The Cowboys are on now so it's a little better but I can't wait for this day to end. It's really terrible. It just feels like I've wasted a day of my existence.

Luckily I had thanksgiving at the farm sanctuary last saturday which I probably should have written about already.

No comments: