Thursday, December 11, 2008

Its 1AM forever

SO I just had this weird dream. In the dream I was hanging out with a long time friend of mine and we were having a movie night. We were watching that movie "Wall-E" . My friend turns to me and asks me if I would have a baby with someone that I wasn't married to. I told her, "Isn't that what everyone does?". So we discussed it a little bit more and I came to the conclusion that I would as along as I was in a comitted relationship with them. The conversation then got a little bit weirder. What she meant was would I have a baby with her. Basically she told me that felt like she wasn't going to have anymore meaningful relationships in her life and that she felt that she wanted to have a baby. She told me that that she liked me and I was attractive and that I would probably be a good person to have a baby with. She thought that we would make a good looking baby. I might be inclined to agree with that because she's pretty good looking herself. So I've been up for the last little while thinking about this situation.

Would I want to father a baby for someone that I wasn't in a relationship with? On Purpose? I mean plenty of people have babies like that but it's usually not by choice. Who knows what she really meant though.

I don't think that I could do that. I would want to be in a real relationship with someone I was going to have a baby with. I know I couldn't do that. When I see happy couple come into my work with their little babies I have to admit I can get a bit jealous. Not that I necessarily want to have a child with someone. It's hardly a deal breaker for me but I think i would be a more positibve thing than a negative thing for me. I think the abilty to give life to someone and to raise them is one of the greatest things in life. The ability to guide someones path in life and to leave a legacy is one of the greatest components of life. I think alot of people that are in that phase really take it for granted and don't understand the gravity of it.

It was all a dream anyway.

No comments: