Saturday, December 27, 2008

"The Real Reason For the Season"

Most of the people I hang out with aren't really too religious and I know alot of them overtly make fun of religion. The thing is the religous aspect of Christmas is probably where my feelings lie on the subject rather than the commercial/Santa aspect of Christmas. Sometime a long time ago I made a consious decision that my gifts had to be thoughtful. They had to mean something to the person I was giving them too. I just see too much of people giving gift because "its a christmas gift". I was in JC penney last week and there was a section of "Christmas Gifts". You know, the back massagers and stuff that they only pull out when you are looking for that "special" gift. Its the stuff thats in the store all year but is featured prominently when christmas rolls around. You know it's a "Christmas gift" when Walgreens and Rite Aid have displays of them as well. I just wish people would put more thought into gifts.

My friend Pete bought me this:


which was actually very thoughtful because of this dream I had earlier this year in which Pete and I were featured in a band together called "Rick Rude" that kind of stuff really means something to me.


I guess what I'm most thankful for on Christmas is the fact that one of my best friends invites me over for Christmas every year and he lets me enjoy Christmas with his family. wWe've been doing it for the last few years and it is a great way for me to celebrate the season since I don't have any family in the area and it's impossible for me to go "home" for the Holidays.

No comments: